Vibha Vibe Presents
With 2013 coming to a close, RedLine Milwaukee looks forward to beginning the New Year with the exhibition Transitions in Perspective: Myth and Mirror. The exhibition was created through collaboration by RedLine mentor artists Dara Larson and Nirmal Raja, and runs from January 17-March 8, 2014. The show culminates in March with a visit from Indian artist Baala R.- a printmaker and sculptor from Chennai, India
Milwaukee Police Department's
Students Talking it Over with Policy
Click on Page 1 and Page 2 below for brochure and donation
Back to School Bash
THE WISCONSIN COALITION OF ASIAN- INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS
WCAIO was formed in 2001 with following charter:
"Wisconsin Coalition of Asian Indian Organizations (WCAIO) is a non-profit, non-partisan association established as a unified group of representatives from the Asian Indian community and from Asian Indian Organizations in the greater Milwaukee area and Madison. It's purpose is to facilitate communication, cooperation and collaboration between the Asian Indians and the Wisconsin community at large."
Click here to view the WCAIO by Laws
Click on Vibha Logo for details on Dream Mile
|Date||Sunday, August 18th 2013|
|Time||Registration starts at 7:00 am|
10K Run at 8:00am
5K Run/Walk at 8:15am
|Venue||Veteran's Park, 1300 North Lincoln Memorial Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53202|
|Registration Fees||5K early bird - $22 until July 31st, $25 thereafter|
10K early bird: $32 until July 31st, $35 thereafter
FREE for Children under 8
Raaga Entertainment Presents
Click Here for details
Rock and Roll - Saregamapa 2012 With Full Bollywood Orchestra
Sunday Sept 22 2013
Singers, Vishwajeet Borwankar, Renu Nagar, Ashpreet Kaur, Shehnaz Akhtar
South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center. Details on http://www.raagaentertainment.com/
2013 - Aug 24th - Humboldt Park
It all started in 2012 when Cedarburg Cultural Center (CCC) brought food and music to celebrate an Indian day - a cultural and musical extravaganza called "Festival of India"! The event was a huge success. The show was widely appreciated and attended by about 500 local people. This year CCC conducted an even bigger event when they focused on a multi-cultural program engaging 7 nationalities including Irelands, Spain, and India etc. More than 800 people have attended.
Inspired by this, on Aug 24th, 2013, Spindle India brings an event to provide a platform for entirely different experience with a variety of colorful performances, rhythmic music, and extraordinarily mouth-watering food to spread awareness of Indian Culture in Milwaukee, at the vibrant Humboldt Park at 3000 S. Howell Ave. We will bring the finest blend of extraordinary performances showcasing diversity in Indian states and cultural differences. A special outdoor retreat exclusively focused on fun and collaboration. In the spirit of celebration, we are also observing Independence Day of India.
Click here for India Fest Flier
WCAIO has supported and raised money for the following community causes:
- Provided support and raised money for national relief efforts for 9/11 terrorists attacks on our country.
- Raised money for a new disaster relief van for local Milwaukee Red Cross chapter.
- Provided support and raised money for Katrina Disaster Relief Fund for the Red Cross.
- Placement of Mahatma Gandhi statue on the grounds of Milwaukee County Courthouse.
- Naming of India-America Friendship Park at Milwaukee County Courthouse.
- Raised money for vision care for low-income children in Milwaukee Public Schools.
Milwaukee Police Department's
- The Students Talk it Over with Police (S.T.O.P.) program is designed to address the relationship between future young leaders (ages 12-17) and the Milwaukee Police Department (MPD). Objective is to decrease the chances of an initial volatile interaction and cultivate a sustainable and positive rapport. MPD realizes that a juvenile's perception of, and their relationship with, the police is an important social issue and is vital to the success of the police department's Community Based Policing crime reduction model.
WCAIO 2011 INITIATIVE
COPS N KIDS PROGRAM
Along with Milwaukee Police
Don't be afraid to get help if you are in an abusive relationship. Domestic Abuse is a crime. Didi will help support victims of Family Violence from South Asia. You are not alone.
DIDI Hotline 414-477-3636 24 hours.
National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE(7233)